Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

Wine and Pizza

      Last night, we were able to go to yet another wine tasting! The place we went, Trimani, is renowned for its vast wine selection, and named to be one of the best wine bars in all of Rome. It was short, but we were able to taste a Prosecco (sparkling white wine) from the Veneto region (northern Italy), a white wine from the Lazio region (central Italy, where Rome is located), and a red wine from the Friuli region (northern Italy). I thought that each were very good, and was able to understand what the wine connoisseur was talking about, thanks to my wine class! We also were given 2 mini quiches, drizzled with an asparagus puree. Very yummy!

Wine at Trimani!

The red wine.

The white wine.

Quiches... yummm...

Courtney, Erika, Krista and I at Trimani.

Prosecco.

      After our wine tasting, we went to the renowned Dar Poeta pizza restaurant with 11 of the girls from my school. It was fun to sit with a whole bunch of us from school, since we haven't done that since the begining of the semester. We reminisced about the semester so far, and thought, to our horror, about how we only have 4-ish weeks left in Rome all together. Some are staying for a few weeks after the end of school, but some (like me) are leaving right after we are finished with the semester. SO sad, but SO fun at the same time! And I brought my camera, so here are pictures of the famous pizzas!

Pizza-stache! haha 

Mortadella, zucchini, tomatoes, sausage, mozzarella pizza.

Pesto, tomatoes, mozzarella, and potato pizza yummmmm. (what I got my first time at DP)

My Margherita pizza!

Half Pepperoni Pizza (Pepperoni=peppers in Italian) and half zucchini, sausage, mozzarella and tomato pizza!

xoxo Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment