Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

La Bella e la Bestia

To start off my crazy-fun weekend, me and 3 friends went to The Teatro Brancaccio in Rome to see La Bella e la Bestia, or Beauty and the Beast. We were so excited to go, because it is one of all of our favorite Disney movies of all time. All day leading up to the performance, we were excitedly singing the songs from the animated movie.
The four of us after the play! Cindy, me, Dana, Melissa. 

Once we got to the theater, the show started immediately, with a giant book to preface the events leading up to the Prince's transformation. The show was absolutely amazing, despite the fact that I got scolded for using my camera to snap a few pictures of the show. (I did, however, manage to get a couple good ones before I got in trouble!)

Belle, Gaston and Lefou. You can't really tell in this picture, but Gaston was a little short, so he was romping around in platform red fake-leather boots!

The costumes, set, and actors were amazing, but the best part was the singing. The way these actors were able to belt out beautiful melodies, sounding prettier in Italian, amazed me. Each of the actors were superbly casted, and Belle was such a fantastic singer, I don't know how I didn't just cry from hearing her voice!

 Beginning screen of the storybook!

It was a little different because a couple songs were added into the musical, but all in all they were good additions. As the musical was in all Italian, it was so easy for me to follow along with story, as well as to get the jokes that were put in by the body language and the situation.

Two little girls dressed as Belle, getting their picture in front of the wall!

Overall, if you are ever able to see a musical in a different language you don't know, I'd go for it. It is a different and fantastic way to experience a favorite, like Beauty and the Beast!

xoxo Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment