Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

First week of school update!

It has been a long time since my last post, but I finally got a computer charger that works! The first "week" of school has gone by very quickly, all three days of it! My classes don't seem like they will be too difficult, but I will have to work at them. They are all centered around our experience here in Rome, which makes each one interesting. My Art History class will be fantastic because we are going to take class time to meet at monuments, sculptures, or anything and have class there. It'll be so much cooler to see something right in front of you, instead of on slides. Travel writing will be a lot of writing, but I think it will help me document my experiences and travels through the next few months. And as everyone is probably wondering, the wine class was very interesting. Each class, we will take half of the time to learn about the different parts of Italy, and how the wines are made from each of those parts. Then the second half of class is devoted to tasting the wines from the parts we had learned about. With this class, we also have the opportunity to go to a wine bar, and see which types of food go with different types of wine, as well as the opportunity to go to a vineyard to see the wine-making process. So excited for both of those events! As to what we have been doing outside of class is pretty much a blur, because we have been doing so much. Walking as much as we can in order to burn all the carbs that we have eaten (all we seem to eat is carbs, carbs, carbs!); popping into a little cafe for a delicious espresso; trying to find the cheapest, but best, gelato stand; grocery shopping for the first time; buying our books for school by the Spanish Steps; finding Euronics which saved my computer problems; and so much more. Hopefully this week will be less hectic, and I get into more of a definite schedule. Next week I am going on the trip with school to the Umbria region of Italy, which is just north of Rome, and then a week and a half after that my dad is coming to visit! Hopefully soon ill be able to do some tourist-y things, now that I am more settled in and know how to get around the city. I'll be sure to update you again soon!

xoxo Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment