Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Technical Difficulties

Ciao!
I apologize for not updating as much as I would like, but I am having difficulty charging my computer, which needs to be charged or it turns off immediately. I am currently using a roommate's computer. So, I am in the process of getting a recomendation for a computer place that would help me with my problems. The last couple days we have been doing quite a bit of walking, to and from our school's orientation, which included class schedules, a HUGE amount of great information of things to do around the city, restaurants, stores, where students in my program get discounts, etc. We also had our last paperwork completed on Friday for the Permit to Stay, which allows us to stay and live here in Rome for the time that we had indicated. Phew! Glad all that paperwork is over with! Hopefully its just smooth sailing from here. Yesterday we went to the market, which is right accross the street from our building, and it was beautiful! There were so many colors, smells, fruits and veggies I had not recognized, just a wonderful place to have so close, (I will make sure to share a picture of the market as soon as I have access to my computer and pictures to add onto here). Today, my roommate Cindy and I went shopping with a few other girls from school close to where our school is located. All throughout Rome there is a huge sale going on, because it is like the turn of the seasons, all of last season's cloths, shoes, etc., are all 30-75% off the normal price, so the sales were amazing. I only purchaced a beautiful silver and grey scarf, because I kept telling myselt, "Im going to find something better; I'm going to regret getting something at the first store, etc. etc.", so I only bought a scarf. However, I only have to go to school for a couple hours tomorrow, so I am going back to a store to purchase tall boots (which is ALL women wear here, you look like a tourist if you don't have boots!), and possibly a leather jacket, which were both reasonably priced, especially with the sale. That's all for today!

xoxo Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment