Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick's Day!

      Hey all! This past week was midterms, so nothing really exciting happened as I was furiously studying. Last night, however, was a great night.
      As you all know, the 17th of march is St. Patrick's Day! However, you may not know that it is also the anniversary of the unification of Italy, which happened in 1861. So, yesterday was the big 150th year celebration! There were many more people out at night than usual, there were museums open for later times, fireworks at the Colosseum (which I missed by 2 minutes, who thought that Italians would be on time the one time that I wasn't?)
Me in front of the Colosseum, AFTER the fireworks.

      Last night, though, me and my roommates decided to celebrate St. Patrick's day, since it was mostly one of our favorite days of the year (especially me!). So we went to an Irish pub called the Abbey Theater, who was to have live music at 9:30 that night. Another huge reason for us going there was because they had CHEESEBURGERS. We had all been craving cheeseburgers and French fries for the longest time, and decided that the day after we were done with finals was a good time to reward ourselves with these deliciously unhealthy treats. And let me tell you, they were worth every calorie! Also in honor of St. Patty's day, my roommate talked me into trying a Guinness! Just after I tasted it I thought about my Uncle Pat, and how proud he would be that I liked it! We stayed for the band, which turned out to be just 4 guys (playing a wooden flute, a guitar and a fiddle) playing at a table while drinking, who we could barely hear over the people in the pub, but they did sound great, and I had the urge to get up and do a jig (almost!). It was overall a fun and laid-back night with Irish music and crazy fun people to laugh at!

 Finally, our cheeseburgers!

YUmmmmmmmmmy.

Fine!

Me and my 1st Guinness.

 The band from across the bar. 
.....

And gelato to finish off the night, of course!

Next week on Erica's Blog: Mamma, Emily, Kathleen and Carol visit!!! only 18 hours until they arrive in Italy!

Hope everyone had a fun and safe St. Patrick's day!
xoxo Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment