Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Temple of Tiramisu

TIRAMISU. It's just a word, but it's making your mouth water, isn't it?

      Last Thursday night (the 3rd), when I was in Florence with my dad, everyone from my school went on a field trip to POMPI. No, I did not misspell the place Pompeii. Pompi is known as the Temple of Tiramisu, as you could probably guess why. I was severely upset that I missed this amazing food experience, so I went with a couple friends to this wondrous haven of desserts on Thursday afternoon. This place was so amazing. They had a wall of fridge/freezers for take-home treats, and an area where you can get some delectable gelato.
      The day was perfect; warm temperature, the sun was shining, and a light breeze blew around. Because it was such a beautiful day, we chose to sit outside. We got the menu, and it was exactly like how my friends had told me; choose between strawberry, pistachio, Nutella and banana, or classic tiramisu. What a predicament!
      I finally chose classic, and figured I could taste Cindy's strawberry! I also chose a cappuccino to accompany my dessert. The name of this restaurant is definitely accurate. This was the best tiramisu I had ever tasted (and that includes tiramisu from Clara's).  I will just let you see for yourself what my experience was like.
My tiramisu.

Again.

Cappuccino.

Cindy's strawberry tiramisu and fancy coffee drink.

Me and yummy-ness.

Fine.

Now, go make some tiramisu.

xoxo Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment